Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Black Out




Can anyone guess how Eric got this shiner? I finally got a good hit in. Just kidding! As most of you know Eric has been hired to work for Phoenix Police and is in the Police academy. He is in his 9th week. YEAH!!! Only 10 more to go :( Well, yesterday they were in a class called defense tactics and were paired up into partners. One person was the hitter and the other was the defender. Well, Eric was supposed to be defending himself by putting his arms up over his face when he thought he saw the guy going to hit him. The guy was “unreadable” so Eric didn’t see it coming and was hit in the eye. When he got home last night he kept trying to get me to look at his face to see if I would noticed. I didn’t and he finally gave up and just told me what happened. I am always preoccupied at this time of day since I have been with the kids all day and it is dinner time. The three youngest were in my room and jumping on my bed, which I hate by the way!! Anyway, I would have sworn he was proud of his eye. He also had bruises up and down his arms from blocking. So much like a guy to get excited about spending 4 hours hitting each other and then be proud of his wounds!! He is also looking forward to getting his gun next week, go figure.

8 comments:

Leslie said...

Ouch. Josh would cry like a little baby. Don't tell him I said that though!

Kelli said...

Okay, so you go from not having time to comment, to finally starting a blog to now posting daily! That's the best! That eye looks sore!

Anonymous said...

Wow.. That is quite a shiner! Did the guys at the academy tease him? Just tell him as long as his nick name doesn't become "pooh bear" (ask Daniel about that one) he is okay.. :)

Andelin said...

I can't believe you didn't notice it! LOL! That's hilarious!

Poor guy! But then, if he's okay with it, I guess so am I...hope you heal quickly Eric.

Andelin said...

BTW, have you heard your Dixie Chicks song on your playlist? I'm not sure it's supposed to be that way...it still sounds pretty cool though!

Anonymous said...

TAG YOU'RE IT... Read my blog

Leslie said...

Read my blog too because I tagged you! So you can't avoid it!

The Fish Family said...

I can't believe they are all believing your story!! you need to post the shinner you gave jacob and they can see your track record! HA HA