Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My Typical Day






So I dont know if it is just me or if some of you can relate. I was cleaning house yesterday and the two youngest were home. They were playing with the potato heads in there room so I went to rotate laundry. I know my first mistake was to leave a 4 and 1 year old alone but I needed to rotate the washer and dryer and get it done before noon. I heard screaming and laughing all at the same time. Now my first instinct, with four rowdy boys in the house, is to wait and see if it stops. It doesnt stop so I stop what I am doing and listen more closely and see if it is, I am mad at you scream or I am hurt scream. It turns out to be Ethan screaming and Nicolas laughing. I blow out a frustrated sigh because Nicolas is always doing something to pick on his little brother. I walk down the hall, screams getting louder, and notice that Nicolas is standing by the bathroom door laughing. Ethan of course is on the other side screaming. When I go to open the door it is locked. Nicolas had lockded his brother in the bathroom with the lights off. I couldnt unlock the door with my fingers so I had to get a toy to unlock the door. Meanwhile Ethan is screaming and Nicolas is laughing. I finally get the door open and Ethan leaps at me and holds on for dear life. I order Nicolas to the corner and tell him he has to stay in time out. I wanted to lock him in a dark room but the good responisble mommy in me said that would be wrong. I dont know what to do sometimes with him. He is always picking on his little brother. I like to call it third child syndrome because his older two brothers pick on him so he picks on Ethan. Does anyone else have this problem with there kids??

10 comments:

Leslie said...

I am a bad aunt because I thought that was a funny story. Poor Ethan. You just know when Nick and Ethan are older they will be the best of friends. Thats just how it goes I think. What I was impressed with was that you were cleaning your house. Its 3 o'clock here and I still haven't started on mine.

Emily said...

Well, well, Tracy! I am SO excited that you started a blog. Welcome to the wonderful little club. Keeping up with what your family is doing makes me smile.

Anonymous said...

Tracy I do not envy your situation...hehehe. You are superwoman! I've decided that if I have two boys in a row I am stopping there and adopting! Love you and your boys.

The Fish Family said...

I think you need to start saving now...Instead of a college fund put money aside for counceling. My thinking is the oldest needs the most due to the experimental discipline trying to get it right for the other kids....I seem to not get it right I try to do it all as a mom then i realized to do the best I can, and save money for the counciling to fix what mistakes I did!

everydayjami said...

My first comment didn't show up. I don't know why. I think that you were getting "punked" and there might have been a hidden camera.

Your blog looks great. I can't wait to read about all the fun craziness at your house full of boys!

Anonymous said...

Nick does not only pick on Ethan, he picks on all three. Older or younger it does not matter. As for the couseling for the oldest, I was the oldest and I turned out fine. The youngest needs the counseling. They get away with everything while at home and when they enter the real world, it hits square in the face and they need to learn to deal with it.

Leslie said...

Your blog is new and you already have way more comments than me. Boo!!!

Gardner World said...

I am so excited that you have all read my blog. I think I am going to really like this bloging thing!!!

Yeah!!!

Christen Noelle said...

Yay!!! I am so glad you are blogging! It is so perfect...I love it!

Andelin said...

I can totally picture that scenario at my house...complete with the straining ears to hear what kind of screams! You know it's always bad when one is laughing and the other screaming! I know too well! We have the pecking order at my house. David picks on Eli, Eli picks on Luke, and Luke picks on Eden. So frustrating and sad for a Mom.