Friday, April 4, 2008

My Boys are Angels! Right?

Ethan as a baby
Jacob

Nicolas when he was little
Benjamin when he was younger





So, Ethan has been tagged by his cousin Sydney. But I am going to include them all and write eight things about my boys.



  1. Jacob is very smart and always has been. He is reading well above his current third grade level. For Christmas he got the first 5 Harry Potter books. I am proud to report he has completed the whole series just a week ago. So, it took him a little over 3 months to complete 7 books!! That is pretty good. The only draw back is I have to listen to Jacob and his Uncle Daniel talk about the books. HeHe!


  2. Jacob is also so helpful. By being the oldest he has allot of responsibilities. He is always there when I need him and rarely complains. He will make a good husband and Father.


  3. Benjamin is my smallest child but you would never know it by the way he eats. He can out eat anyone. One time when he was about 4 we found him next to our bed in the morning with an orange peel in his hands and orange juice all over his clothes and face alseep. He was hungry in the middle of the night and feed himself. He used a spoon to dig out the orange. He loves vegetables and actually prefers them to candy or cookies sometimes.


  4. Benjamin is also my funniest child. He is always cracking jokes and started at a young age. He can be very sarcastic and makes comments sometimes that should be coming out of a more mature child. It is hard to punish him when you want to laugh.


  5. Nicolas is my challenging child. He has so much energy and stubbornness in him I don’t know what to do. He has been known to cry for one hour with his pants down around his ankles because he refused to pull them up and wanted me to do it. I thought I could wait him out and he would just give in but no. I ended up pulling them up and he was like 3 and half! He had been potty trained for almost 2 years at this point.


  6. Nicolas doesn’t like his pants to be loose at ALL! He is always pulling them up and it looks ridicules some times. It can be as high as his mid chest, no JOKE!! He doesn’t like belts so you have to have the adjustable waist or it has to fit perfect. This has been another stubborn streak. He will cry for one hour till I give up and change his pants. He only has two pair of pants right now that he likes and even those he sometimes complains about.


  7. Ethan is my sweetest child. Always giving hugs and kisses. Whenever I pick him up from somewhere he runs up and gives me a really big hug and kiss. Meanwhile he is laughing the whole time. Love It!!


  8. Ethan is the fourth child and is always trying to act like his brothers. If Nicolas says something Ethan will repeat the exact phrase. If Nicolas is telling me something in the car Ethan will yell until I say "what Ethan" and he jabbers in his toddler language. When he is done I say "oh really" and he laughs. He always wants to be included.

10 comments:

Leslie said...

I laughed at Ben eating an orange in the middle of the night. haha. I could just see that! Your kids are so funny. I also laughed at Nick crying with his pants down. An HOUR? I would have not lasted that long. Maybe 15 minutes, but an HOUR? haha. He gets it from his mom!

Thanks for doing my tag. You know it was fun!

katester said...

your boys are too cute! That is great Jacob loves to read and what awesome books you have him reading. Hang in there with Nicolas...all Nicks are challenging.:)

Kelli said...

Gotta love tags. My Ethan tagged Sydney so she was just passing along the fun. Thanks for including all your boys!

Anonymous said...

Your boys are so cute. WE miss them.

DeWitts said...

4 cute boys! You're going to have girls going crazy for them, watch out!

Andelin said...

That's so cute! I loved reading all of that and getting to know your boys better! I can't believe the pants thing! That is pretty crazy! He sure potty trained early. Did all of your boys potty train early like that?

*JULIA* said...

I love stubborn boys! well when they are not mine. I have had similar power struggles with my Ben where they last a LONG time and he never gives in. So frustrating. Its fun to here all the different things about your boys. I love that jacob has read all the Harry Potter books. Thats impressive!

Lyndzee said...

So I hope you don't mind but I saw your blog on Fish Family and had to say hello. I love your boys in primary. They are always sweet and love to volunteer. Also, now that I know you like to read I will keep you on the book Club radar!

Kijuana said...

I love the stories...so cute and funny! I think Devon and Nicolas are kindred spirits--the stubborness can get sooo draining, but I think they must need to be strong for some purpose. Maybe they are going to run a corporation someday. Hang in there supermom!

Anonymous said...

hey Thanks! i like your blog to i love that evenecense song :) and you have strange children but they are cool :)