Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Whats a DS you ask? My kids could tell you!!



Okay so my kids this morning woke at 7Am with the plan to earn money. Jacob had read in the ads yesterday and found something he wants. He convinced his brothers they want it to. So, they are on a mission to earn money so that they can buy a DS. Which I guess is a hand held Nintendo. They figured out how much they needed to each buy one and games. Well, one of them cost $129 dollars and the games are 39 dollars each. I tried to explain to them that I wasn’t going to give them that much money and they would have to work for it. They are confident they are going to earn the money needed and by spring break, which is Monday!!! Jacob even asked Amber (who is the person that we car pool with) if he can do chores for her and pay him. She was nice about it and told him we would talk about it later. Benjamin even went so far to ask for a hundred dollars for the chores they did today (which is the picture above of them cleaning the walls). Should a 8, 6 and 4 year old even have a DS? If so, How should I handle this? Any suggestions???

5 comments:

Leslie said...

I'd let them have it if they raise half the cost and just monitor how much they play it.

Anonymous said...

Damon has a DS and they are pretty cool. You can buy them used from the video games stores, like game stop or game crazy, and they will take trades. If they have games or other systems they don't play you can trade them in for credit. Only 1 person can play it at a time though, so I see fighting in their future, unless you get more than one. But they also have wi-fi, so I'd be careful with that. You can talk to other people who are in range of you on them. When you guys visit, Damon can explain all of it to you.

Lacey said...

I have no advice..I just think it's funny kids and their concepts of money..if only adults could be so nieve! Elodie always thinks we buy things that cost a million dollars!!

Andelin said...

I'm cracking up! That's so funny! Your kids are hilarious. So cute all of them working so hard at that wall! Hope they didn't work too hard and scrub off the paint.

No advice. Sorry. I personally have no qualms flat out saying no since I'm not big on video games in general, but how do you say no to such eager little faces with so many plans as theirs! I like the buying used idea. But still...is there some other something that is more age appropriate for a Nicholas sized kid? I don't know anything about DSs maybe there are some games appropriate for the younger ones. I'd also worry about the wi-fi a bit. But then if you got more than one, they'd be able to talk to each other...I'm sure they'd think that that was cool! Good luck with that one!

It was fun seeing you guys tonight!~Bethany

Kelli said...

Call me a sucker, but after that I'd make sure they had one by Monday. Have they asked Grandma to do chores at her house yet? :) You're a great mom Tracy!